LEEK & POTATO SOUP
- 2 tbsp vegetable or neutral oil
- 2 leeks (white & light green parts only), thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2-3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Chopped chives or parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and add leeks, celery, carrot, onion, garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp dried thyme. Saute for about 10 mins.
- Add potatoes, chicken stock, water and bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 mins. Reduce heat to low and season the soup with salt to taste.
- Using a hand blender, puree the soup until smooth. If you don't have a hand blender, you can use a regular blender (you will need to do this in a few batches).
- Transfer soup to a bowl. Add 1 tbsp of cheddar cheese and sprinkle chives or parsley per serving. Enjoy!
*I made cheddar cheese frico for my garnish*