LEMON GARLIC SHIRMP
- 16-20 large shrimp, shell on and deveined, thawed
- 1 medium size zip lock bag
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced (you can used more)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Lemon slices for serving
- Hot sauce for serving (optional)
- Pat dry thawed shrimp with paper towel; transfer to zip lock bag and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Mix well.
- Set aside 1 tbsp of lemon garlic mixture in a small sauce dish.
- Pour mixture into ziplock bag. Close bag, shake well to coat and refrigerate for maximum 30 minutes.
- Heat oiled skillet or grill pan to med-high. Remove shrimp from marinade, wiping off excess. Grill until opaque throughout, 2-3 minutes per side. Season more with salt and pepper if desired.
- Optional: While grilling, sprinkle garlic salt (about 1/4 tsp) and cayenne pepper (about 1/8 tsp) to intensify the flavour.
- Transfer to plate; serve with a lemon slice, hot sauce (optional) and mixture that was set aside in step 3. Best served with salad, grilled vegetables, or a rice dish.
*I served it with spinach brown rice*