CROISSANT COFFEE FRENCH TOAST
- 1 stale croissant or 2-3 mini croissants (day or two days old)
- 1 large egg
- A bit less than 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I used bourbon vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Handful of fresh berries
- Pure maple syrup (as desired)
- In a medium mixing bowl, add egg, milk, vanilla extract, instant coffee, salt and ground cinnamon. Whisk until instant coffee dissolves (It's ok if it doesn't completely dissolve).
- Cut the croissant in half across the middle and set aside.
- Heat butter on a skillet over medium heat.
- Dunk croissant half into the mixture until liquid is absorbed and fully coated. Repeat for the other croissant half.
- Transfer to heated skillet (cut side down) and slightly increase the heat for the first 30 seconds to crisp it up a bit. Lower the heat back to medium and cook for about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes until nicely browned on both sides.
- Transfer to plate; top it off with fresh berries and pure maple syrup. Enjoy!
*You can also serve it with greek yogurt or whipped cream*